Sunday 1 April 2018

The adventures of Ratchet and Sinro 5: The case of the mysterious person


Ratchet and Sinro 5: The case of the mysterious person


Chapter 1: The strange day out
On another peaceful Tuesday morning Sinro was sleeping in his comfy, wooden-frame bed. He was a ten-year old water dragon who was as tall as two suitcases with a handbag on top. He was woken up by the air horn in Ratchet’s room. Yes, it was that loud.
“Hey Ratchet! Y’mind turning the air-horn off? Oh wait, Ratchet told me he’s gone out with his friend” asked Sinro rising out of the bed, “It’s time to do something silly outside”. Sinro ran to the kitchen and made some honey on toast and ate it as he ran outside. As he was running he didn’t even bother to use the ladder and slid down the hill; he tumbled on the hill and landed on his face like an idiot.

“Don’t worry I’m fine” yelled Sinro as he quickly got up. Sinro ran to the beach as fast as a bolt of lightning. He wanted to rest at a nearby deck chair but he was too energetic for that
“I’m gonna go surfing instead. I don’t even need a surfboard!” yelled Sinro to himself as he ran like a true sportsman and magically summoned a wave to ‘surf on’. He was surfing for a long way, enjoying the nice sight of the crystal blue sky.
“It's nice out her-” Sinro stopped mid-sentence as a big green fish with menacing red eyes approached him, Sinro quickly jumped out of the way and dived. All the sudden Ratchet fell from the sky like a meteor and smacked the fish into the sea like a javelin hitting its target right on the spot. Ratchet was screaming like a meteor when it makes a loud sound, as he fell into the water.

“Ratchet!! NOOOO!” yelled Sinro as he was worried. Ratchet arose out of the water as he saw Sinro in shock.
“SINRO?!” asked Loki with a worried face,” What are you doing here? It’s not safe to go out in the sea!”
“Sorry I must have been going too extreme!” replied Sinro as he offered to ratchet a ride,”Hop on”
The two friends went back to the beach.
“We’re back home! YAY!” yelled Ratchet in a cheerful manner as that big fish came out of the blue (literally) like a bomb and ate Ratchet as well as make a big hole in the beach.
“I’ll save you Ratchet!” yelled Sinro as he jumped into the hole. He was falling like a metal ball being chucked from a cannon. Sinro yelled “I’m gonna save you!” as he fell. He landed into the dirty sewer water. Sinro was in the grey dank sewer.
“Really?” asked Sinro as he smelt the putrid air in the sewers, “Yuck! This smells! I’m not surprised if this is the smell of Ratchet’s peachy beef burgers he eats”
Sinro dived into the water, he swam further in hopes of finding Ratchet. Suddenly he saw.
“Oh no! Not you again” Sinro cried in horror as he saw the beast that he previously saw in the sea.

“I will kill you by DR.CRUELS ORDERS!” yelled the beast as Sinro quickly swam up, “HEY COME BACK OR I’LL EAT YOU NEXT”
Sinro gasped (even though he saw the fish clearly eat his best friend) “RATCHET IS IN YOU?!”
“DIE” the beast yelled as he charged towards Sinro. Sinro dodged.
“GRR! I MISSED” screeched the beast.
 Sinro quickly swung his tail and double smacked the beast in the face. The beast smacked Sinro very hard with its tail. Sinro was flung to the stone bricks ‘unconscious’.
“Hmm? Ow OW OWWWW!” screeched the beast in agony as it blew up and turned back into a fish, “Yay I am free!” the fish swam happily away.
Ratchet fell on to the same stone bricks as Sinro.
“Wow that wasn’t so hard was it?” smiled Ratchet as he was proud of getting out of the beast’s stomach. He immediately saw the collapsed Sinro, there was silence for a while.
“Get up. You didn’t faint”, moaned Ratchet impatiently. Sinro got up. A pale skinned teenager with spikey black hair appeared. He was Ratchet’s friend he spent time with while Sinro was asleep.

“Hi Ratchet and Sinro” said the person.
“Hanks? What are you doing here? I thought you were at your home!” asked Ratchet curiously thinking about that party he spent all night having with Hanks, like the ... beer... video games... potato chips ... etc.
“I was dungeon crawlin' as usual, fighting orcs!” replied Hanks as he yelled his catchphrase, “Beers and Swords united!”
“Do you know a way out of here?” asked Ratchet.
“Indeed! Come with me to my house both of you!” replied Hanks. He led the way out of the sewers. Later in a city...
“Nice of Hanks to get us out of here eh Sinro?” asked Ratchet.
“I hope he made lots of Broccoli” replied Sinro.
“I don’t think he did...” replied Ratchet.
“Sorry I’m hungry” replied Sinro.
“Let’s go home and eat!” replied Ratchet as he and Sinro ran out of the city.
A man appeared out of one of the buildings from behind as he saw a muscular pig person. He was Ratchet and Sinro’s enemy:
Dr.Cruel!
“General Pork sausage! I’m glad you’ve arrived after I called you!” he yelled.
“Of course! Oink! Oink! SQUEEALL! Wat do you expect? I'm a flippin’ general piggy!” snorted the pig.

“Listen up! Ratchet and Sinro have been messing up my plan!” yelled Dr.Cruel.
“Oink! Wait Ratchet and Sinro Are FREINDS. Oink! I thought our old master told us that there was a dragon and some kind of squirrel that would kill each other! SQQQUUEEEALLL!” yelled Sausage.
“Seriously, who is your old master?” asked Dr.Cruel.
“Oink! He travelled some other dimension SQUEAL! I have no idea where he is ... In a black hole?” replied Sausage.
“Oh ok! Let’s team up to defeat Ratchet and Sinro!” yelled Dr.Cruel with pride.
“Alright! Deal is a - Oink! Deal! I’m going to tell the other pig-men that they are the best and get their strongest mutants!” replied Sausage. A familiar tune could be heard.
“Oink! Oh my becoh (their way of saying bacon) sauce-er is waiting for me!” yelled Sausage.
“Can I come?” asked Dr.Cruel.
“Sure and we’re gonna have some nice pork chops and chips! Oink!” replied Sausage rubbing its fat stomach.
“HAHAHHAHAHAH- COUGH” coughed Dr.Cruel as he jumped on the plane.
“Seriously improve your laugh! Oink, Oink, SQQQQUUUUEEEALLLL!!” yelled Sausage giggling at Dr.Cruel’s laughter.
The saucer flew away into the clouds. In the saucer Dr.Carl was looking at the design of the pink-walled ship’s interior, which he was quite impressed by: the comfortable carpet floor, the smell of crispy, juicy bacon with the greasy sauce, the nicely-put operation system and the nice view of the clouds. One of the pig-men commented on how nice the bacon chips were. A pink rabbit-looking creature was driving the ship, there was a name tag on its back saying “Nark”.

“Dr.Cruel this is the becoh sauces- I mean saucer!” introduced Sausage feeling hungry.
“Hmm... Looks kinda nice, but less on the pink buddy” replied Dr.Cruel.
“It’s supposed to represent bacon” replied one of the pig men.
“Ok!” said Dr.Cruel.
“Hey... you look a bit like our old chief” asked another pig man.
“Who is he? Why are you bringing up your former masters?” asked Dr.Cruel.
“He was a cruel man who eats a lot of bananas and somehow disappeared” replied Sausage.
“Ok!” replied Dr.Carl uninterested.
“By the way the new king of the pig-men is,” said one of the pig-men as he showed the king’s name which is S****.
“Why is it censored?” asked Dr.Cruel.
“He is too powerful for some reason” replied Sausage.
“Oh ok” replied Dr.Cruel with somewhat more interest.

Chapter 2 the reveal of the mysterious person
Meanwhile not too far from a castle...
“Sinro?” asked Ratchet looking behind to see if Sinro was on track. Sinro was busy eating a tree.
“Sorry! I got distracted by that tree there” replied Sinro as he licked his lips and added “Man was that tree delicious.”
“Let’s get going before you eat any more trees” replied Ratchet trying to put on a smile. A pale brown haired girl ran past them.
“Who was that?” asked Ratchet shocked.
“I don’t know...” replied Sinro, “She must have been going somewhere.”
Sinro looked at the ground and saw a shiny gold object in the shape of the pendant.
“Wait I see something from the ground! It's a pendant!” yelled Sinro as he proceeded to pick it up, “She must have dropped it!”
“No time to loose let’s find her!” yelled Ratchet as he and Sinro scurried where that lady was. She was seen running into the castle’s interiors and the two followed her. The ship that Dr.Cruel was on arrived nearby. Within a second she was nowhere to be seen. Ratchet and Sinro walked around the dusty castle, they saw a picture which looked a lot like the girl they saw.

“This must be her home eh?” asked Sinro.
“Yeah.” Replied Ratchet as he saw a skeleton behind him. The skeleton had a purple ball of energy in his eyes; it certainly looked like it didn’t want the two of them alive. The skeleton threw a punch at Ratchet and he got hit. Sinro kicked the Skeleton in the back. The skeleton rattled its bones to call a nearby ghost that then chased Sinro.
“AHHHHH RATCHET IM SCARED OF GHOSTS!!” yelled Sinro as he accidentally ran into the skeleton and it became nothing more than a bunch of bones and a skull.
Ratchet breathed fire at the Ghost and it fizzed away.

“Tch... timewasters” sulked Ratchet, “They do nothing to advance this strange case...”
Ratchet and Sinro quickly ran upstairs as he saw the girl teleporting to the area they were at and ran into another room. Ratchet and Sinro ran after her. Ratchet entered the room first and a shot of lighting came at him which he dodged.
“H-hey who are you?” she asked. She was a woman who had long brown hair and pale skin and wore a white blouse with a purple vest over it with a skirt.
“I’m Ratchet” replied Ratchet as he remembered her, “Zelka?”
Memories were flooding back... He remembers going out with her at one point with Sinro, fought Dr.Cruel’s tanks with her and Ratchet having some feelings for her.
“Oh wait, you were the one I spent my childhood with!” replied Zelka, “And you helped me defeat Dr.Cruel’s tanks.”
“I remember too!” replied Sinro, “I was very young back then”
“That’s true” replied Ratchet as he asked Sinro for the pendant, “Well we came here to give you this... erm... princess!”
“Oh thank you! How could I ever repay you?” replied Zelka as she hugged Ratchet, “This is the pendant my mother gave me when I was young.”
“Well then just out of curiosity, w-why are you here” replied Ratchet as he blushed as he hugged her harder.

“Me? Well I’m just going here to see my past! It’s a nice castle no?” replied Zelka smiling at Ratchet, “It belongs to my family.”
“Shall we get going?” asked Ratchet as his heart beat even harder.
“Why not?” replied Zelka. The three exited the room and went to a nearby cafĂ©, then ate a nice meal. Meanwhile outside of the castle...
“My goodness... where are these two!?” asked Dr.Cruel as he walked around the castle, “Y’know I’ve been searching this place for an hour! I’m getting sick and tired of all this bad guy business, let’s wrap up and go somewhere – any suggestions”
“Sure” replied Sausage, “Why don’t we go to the bar? I know a great Spanish bar that sells great drinks! I’ll buy us a round of champagnes – heck, I’LL BUY YOU THE WHOLE DANG BAR!”
Both laughed and went back to the saucer and flew to a bar....

































































What? You think there would be more? You think Ratchet, Sinro and Okami would go on some epic adventure and stop Dr.Cruel?
Nah... Screw it... just slap an anti-climactic ending on the story.
I’ve got nothing for you I’m afraid.

Happy April fools 2018!


Fun facts:
  • I wrote this thing back in 2016 when Evermoral was still being written. I left it for nearly 2 years, and came back to it in early 2018 and finished it off.
  • A lot of this is based on an old scratch project of mine, (Sinro stories ep 1-5) which were ironically not nessacarily meant to be the 5th instalment to the Ratchet and Sinro series. They were dated from around 2013-4 (around the time I was working on the 4th book), they were basically just ideas which I decided to use at the time I started writing this. Sinro stories was merely a spin off series that I just decided to make for whatever reason.
  • I scraped off any ideas I could find (that existed before I canned Ratchet and Sinro), and just assembled them into this story. And yes I did intend a relationship with Ratchet and Zelka to happen as you can see in this story. Don’t take this as an official 5th story per say, just take it as me dumping all the ideas I had for the series’ possible future throughout 2012-4. But if you want to consider it as an official 5th story unironicaly, be my guest.
  • There were also planned characters (which were all scrapped) i.e. Bonzil who was an iguana who was intended to appear in the 3rd one and accompany R&S, Crunch, a robot who looks quite “Clank” from the game series “Ratchet and Clank” who was meant to appear alongside Bonzil (Crunch was referenced in the 2nd book), Orenix, who is a tall, slender, orange-like creature who was originally part of Dr.Cruel’s army but betrayed him (if memory serves correctly), Orenix was also a guy who could do magic.
  • One of the reasons I canned the Ratchet and Sinro series is because I didn’t know how it would end. Too many retconned scenarios as well.
  • I’m not going to make a full version of this story or let alone make a 6th instalment. Be happy with what you have.

That’s all from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment