Wednesday 20 February 2019

Announcing the release of "Temple of Chambers"

Hello there!



This is the JavaScript game I mentioned in the last post that I was working on; after 2 months of development, it is finally complete! The game was built from the ground up, that means I used pure JavaScript functions with no 3rd party libraries whatsoever. I have been strongly considering to make another branch of this game into a game engine which I could use to make other games using JavaScript. I think that would be a wonderful idea.

Enough technical stuff, what is this game about?
You play as a big-nosed wanderer who explores a forest, when suddenly they fall into a hole which lands them into one of many chambers in a temple named the "Temple of Chambers". The wanderer needs to find their way out by solving many puzzles to advance their way through to the exit.

I initially intended this game to less linear, but it proved very tedious and testers needed to backtrack often through long corridors, therefore I decided to make the game more linear in order to prevent the need to back-track.

If you want to play the game, play it here (you don't even need to download it, hooray!)

No comments:

Post a Comment