Tuesday 10 December 2019

Announcing the release of "Arm strong - Episode 2"

Hello there!

Today, in this cold December month is when I release a hot new second episode to "Arm Strong". It contains 12 new levels featuring the newly added in portals which teleport the player from one portal to another. Admittedly the portals were a little bit hard to add in since I had to prevent the player from getting into an endless teleportation loop whenever they touched a portal.

At first I was going to resolve this issue by having the player teleport next to the target portal, but I had a better idea which was to put on a delay of when the portals can teleport the player. They go translucent once the player travels though them to signify the delay.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how I managed to release episode 2 without cancelling it or not bothering to finish it. Other than a few bug fixes, the portal block type and incorporating the levels into the game, there really was not a lot I had to do code-wise which is always great if I want to make something like this.

What's even greater is that I don't plan to add anything in episode 3, therefore I can just focus on designing and testing the levels and not have to worry about trying modify the existing code-base of the game, save for the level select menu, actually including the levels and the ending.

Here is the release if you want to play it for yourself.

That's all from me!

P.S. This is the first time I release 2 games in a month, because in 5 days or so I'll be releasing "Othermind".

No comments:

Post a Comment