Monday 30 December 2019

Bounty Hunter III Update #2: The game so far in 2019

Hello there!
As I've mentioned in my last post, Bounty Hunter III's development is still alive and well.

Looking back, I'm surprised I haven't made a Bounty Hunter III post since June! Time passes by quick does it not? This update will have more pictures than words because I think that a picture can explain what 1000 words can.

One thing I regret about the state of this project this year was that I wish I did something similar to what I did back in 2017 with this game's predecessor which was a public alpha. Maybe not public but still, something that has can be played like a real game - something you can loose and win.

Although the majority of Bounty Hunter II's code in the month of its release is vastly different to the 2017 public alpha, it was still something you could play and did have polish to a certain extent. If I put up Bounty Hunter III right now, it would be pretty unpolished and boring.

I've written several basic ideas of what the story will be including the driving force of the plot, the main characters and even two endings.

I did mention about an ally character the last time I posted about this game, but who is it?

It turns out it is Milbert, the main antagonist from the 2nd game! Yes, he turns good after all of that trouble he put Peast through. Not only that, he's also a playable character that helps Peast with puzzles as well as combat.

Without further ado I will show you a bunch of screenshots from BHIII so far:

Peast in a snowy forest

I don't think so...
Peast's new sprite

Nice view of black from the mountains

Near the hospital

Peast on the beach of a tropical volcanic island



A simple button puzzle


After Milbert and Peast press the switch

"Hey can someone get rid of all of these boxes?"

"Leave it to ME!"

"Thanks Milbert, but where's the rest of the map?"


"Step back now, HUUUUAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!"

That's all from me!


No comments:

Post a Comment